On the Needles

powered by ravelry.com


Monday, September 24, 2007

Colour Coordination

Last night I started knitting a scarf using Bernat Soy Natural Blends, in Tidal, Seasalt and Celery. I've only did one repeat of the pattern and I think I'm going to frog it.

The pattern I'm using is the one that came with the yarn. I'm having two problems with it. One is the colours. The pattern calls for 3 colours. The sample is knit with Oatmeal as the Main Colour (MC), Tidal as the secondary colour (A) and Celery as the third colour (B). I decided to use Tidal as my (MC), Seasalt as my (A) and Celery as my (B). And I'm not sure I like the combination. I could switch the designation. Making Seasalt my (MC) and Tidal my (A). Or even making Seasalt my (B) and Celery my (A). But that won't help with the second problem, the pattern. It is a sort of Feather and Fan design and I just can't see it as a scarf. I keep looking at it and thinking afghan. Probably because that's the pattern that my grandmother knit most of our afghans in.



You're suppose to repeat the colour change until the piece measures 7" and then continue in MC for another 33" before moving back into the colour change again.

I'll probably end up frogging this and using the yarn for another pattern. Maybe the Irish Hiking Scarf or Silver's Palindrome Scarf.

Maybe someday I'll use the pattern that came with the yarn. Probably for an afghan.

No comments: